This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
xxrevanxx's profile picture

Wireless Monitor?

Started by xxrevanxx, 05 January 2013 - 06:45 PM
xxrevanxx #1
Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:45 PM
Ok so i was wondering if it was possible to make a wireless monitor as in the pullEvents are taken from my computer sent through rednet then done on the monitor. Is this possible at all or am I just thinking crazy
brett122798 #2
Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:46 PM
It's certainly possible if you have two computers with modems.
xxrevanxx #3
Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:48 PM
Yes but what would the code be? Is tehre a program like this already?
brett122798 #4
Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:51 PM
Yes but what would the code be? Is tehre a program like this already?
Hmm.. I'm sure that it's been done a million times, but I've never played with monitors very much so I wouldn't know. I bet there is a program though, wait for someone to come by. :P/>
xxrevanxx #5
Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:57 PM
I mean it will be my computer screen on the monitor without it being attached to a side
Luanub #6
Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:39 PM
You would need to use the second computer attached to the monitor. You would use rednet to send the details of what you want the other computer to show on the monitor, there's many different ways to go about it. It all really depends on what you're wanting to display.

Another option would be to get Xfels peripheral cable mod and use the cable to connect to the monitor. I used to use the 2 computer setup but have since started using the cables. http://www.computerc...now-for-mc-146/
remiX #7
Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:35 PM
I mean it will be my computer screen on the monitor without it being attached to a side

You can't use a monitor without a computer attached to it :P/>

But this can work, a lot of sending through rednet it occur though :P/>