This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Keledan's profile picture

Edit shortcuts, tips and tricks

Started by Keledan, 09 January 2013 - 08:23 PM
Keledan #1
Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:23 PM
Hi, I'm pretty new to CC and I find it very funny :)/>
I've searched this forum for topics about the edit program. Is there any shortcut or tip that I should know? Are there commands such as move or delete lines, copy and paste , go to the beginning or end of code? What are the shortcuts and commands available? Thanks
remiX #2
Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:46 PM
I don't really use the edit program but the only ones I know of is using the end and home buttons on the keyboard, to go to the end and the beginning of a line respectively.

As far as I know, there are no shortcuts to copy, delete, move lines, or jump to the end or beginning of the code
anonimo182 #3
Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:26 AM
You can move pages by using re pag and av pag
Lyqyd #4
Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:08 AM
You can move pages by using re pag and av pag

As clarification, most English speakers know these keys as "page down" and "page up". If these aren't working for you in edit, disable the NEI interface.
InputUsername #5
Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:29 AM
You can also use the arrow keys to move up/down lines :P/> Nah, just kidding. On advanced computers, you can use the mouse to scroll through your code. That is, however, very slow.

I recommend using an external program to edit code, like Notepad++.
Keledan #6
Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:34 AM
Thanks for the replies! So you actually code in your favorite editor, by editing files directly in the computercraft directory? Then you access the game and test?
theoriginalbit #7
Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:38 AM
I edit in an editor, editing files in the dir… but I test it with the computercraft emulator, saves having the cpu, memory and battery hog of minecraft open
crazyguymgd #8
Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:38 AM
Correct :)/>