This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
r2range's profile picture

New to Computercraft

Started by r2range, 11 January 2013 - 01:14 AM
r2range #1
Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:14 AM
Well No Idea why i cant make a new topic so i edit my old one am looking for a script that checks if youre quarry is running and it will show on a big screen the quarry is running in a different world
ChunLing #2
Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:32 AM
You should ask that in that thread, since it is still active (even if it was inactive, it would be best to post there first on the off chance that the OP checks for new posts).
r2range #3
Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:36 AM
You should ask that in that thread, since it is still active (even if it was inactive, it would be best to post there first on the off chance that the OP checks for new posts).
i send him a pm ;)/> but i was thinking there might be programs that can just terminate the program from the minning turtle and send it back to base
ChunLing #4
Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:36 AM
Ah, I see. So like a remote control program that had a shell.run() based functionality and could terminate the program by remote, so that you could have remote control of it again and could direct it to do something else.

Yes, there should be some programs like that if you look around. I had something like that in my remote control program but I took it out because I didn't use it (the bit about terminating a running program).
Lyqyd #5
Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:21 AM
Ah, I see. So like a remote control program that had a shell.run() based functionality and could terminate the program by remote, so that you could have remote control of it again and could direct it to do something else.

Yes, there should be some programs like that if you look around. I had something like that in my remote control program but I took it out because I didn't use it (the bit about terminating a running program).

I know it's self-advertisement, but nsh does have this functionality, in a roundabout way. You can disconnect from the host machine (with ctrl-T) at any time, and it won't stop whatever program you had started. If you reconnect from the same computer, it will obliterate the old session, killing whatever program you started in the process.
r2range #6
Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:48 PM
Well No Idea why i cant make a new topic so i edit my old one am looking for a script that checks if youre quarry is running and it will show on a big screen the quarry is running in a different world