This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Luanub's profile picture

Font Issues

Started by Luanub, 14 February 2012 - 09:28 AM
Luanub #1
Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:28 AM
Does anyone know how to fix this? Everything looks good with a 16x16 texture pack installed but as soon as I use anything that is 32x32 or higher the text in my terminal looks as it does in the picture. I've tried to force the terminal size to the 50x10 that it is in the 16x and all that does is make the window smaller. I've also tried some of the other tricks listed on here with the term.getSize() but that doesn't seem to affect anything either. It's this way everywhere, normal OS prompt, lua shell, in a script, the edit program, etc etc…
FuzzyPurp #2
Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:15 AM
What version of CC are you using? and did you change anything in the configs? And there is no need to increase the resolution of the terminal.png
Luanub #3
Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:20 AM
I'm using CC 1.21 and I haven't changed anything in any of the config files.
FuzzyPurp #4
Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:42 AM
When you use hd textures & fonts, anything >16x16. You have to patch, so use MCpatcher or Optifine.
Luanub #5
Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:03 AM
Ya I use mcpatcher for that. I tried disabling the hd fonts through mcpatcher and all of the font in the game ends up looking the way that it does in CC and the CC font stays messed up as well.

It looks like for some reason the CC font is not changing to the HD Font like the rest of the fonts in the game? If that is the case any idea's on how to correct it?

I'd rather play in 16x with CC then 64x without but it. But it would be nice to run the higher def textures, and to also have the fonts display correctly for any of the other players on my servers that are running higher then the default 16x.

I'm using the Sphax purebdcraft texture pack. I will try some others when I get off work and see how the fonts behave.
FuzzyPurp #6
Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:30 AM
So am i and what font, the font in the gui of the computer?
Luanub #7
Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:27 AM
Yes just the computer gui all the other text/fonts in the game look as they should. Another 3 hours and I'll be off work and heading home so I can test the new codes I wrote tonight and play around with the fonts.
Luanub #8
Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:07 AM
So it looks like it may be an issue with specific texture packs and CC. I've tried about 10 different packs tonight, some the fonts in the computer gui look like they do when I'm running the vanilla textures or any other 16x texture pack. Others the font in the computer gui looks great regardless of the resolution.
FuzzyPurp #9
Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:13 AM
The font in the terminal's GUI is hardcoded i believe. It uses MC's default font.png, You would have to replace that/ have CC load a custom one, something like what MiM does.
Luanub #10
Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:21 AM
How would you go about doing that? Is it fairly simple? I have very little Java experience.