This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ssalogel's profile picture

startup

Started by ssalogel, 17 January 2013 - 01:49 PM
ssalogel #1
Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:49 PM
Hi!

I wrote a little program that prints a couple of lines, which I name startup and placed in "minecraft\mods\ComputerCraft1.481.zip\lua\rom\programs\"

(note, ComputerCraft is still in a zip (which is a pain to work with, did I miss something?)

however, the turtles I place do not run it automatically. it works if I call startup though.

Is this the right way to make a "default" startup?

(I did succesfully made individual start up programs for my labelled turtles (is there a way to make a program in lua which return the label?)
ChunLing #2
Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:43 PM
I believe that you should put a program you want as a default startup for all computers to be in /rom/autorun/ (which doesn't exist by default). You can put multiple files in autorun, they should be run according to their alphabetical order (anyone confirm this? I don't want to mess up my rom just to check).
theoriginalbit #3
Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:49 PM
I believe that you should put a program you want as a default startup for all computers to be in /rom/autorun/ (which doesn't exist by default). You can put multiple files in autorun, they should be run according to their alphabetical order (anyone confirm this? I don't want to mess up my rom just to check).
I can confirm the multiple files, I can confirm that the folder doesn't exist initially… And I can confirm that the table is sorted before running the programs, so alphabetical it is ;)/>
ssalogel #4
Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:27 AM
thank you both :)/>