This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Guizmus's profile picture

[Question] Changing the Ctrl-Key

Started by Guizmus, 18 January 2013 - 08:31 PM
Guizmus #1
Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:31 PM
Hello everyone !

I've tried to look for a previous similar question, didn't found it, I hope I used the right keywords :/ Sorry if not…

I'm french, and as you may know, we use some derp-keyboard "AZERTY". Some differences in the key-map create big problems with computercraft in fact. The biggest one are the { } [ ], because all those 4 brackets require the "AltGr" key to be pressed on our keyboards, and computerCraft sees it as if Ctrl was pressed. So, in-game, it doesn't seem to be possible to use those symbols inside any computers, as it triggers the computerCraft menu.
I looked inside the configurations files with no luck, and didn't found any option to change this key either in the game.

So my question is, is it possible to redefine the ComputerCraft menu key ?
Luanub #2
Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:42 PM
Yes, you just need to edit the edit program from outside of the game to use a different key to activate the menu.

This is the line you will want to edit line 553

elseif param == keys.leftCtrl or param == keys.rightCtrl then
Guizmus #3
Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:47 PM
You, Lua Nub, are my saviour. I was trying so hard to program things correctly, but without any arrays, it was almost impossible to do more than cutTree or digHole ^^

Thank you a lot !
remiX #4
Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:31 AM
You, Lua Nub, are my saviour. I was trying so hard to program things correctly, but without any arrays, it was almost impossible to do more than cutTree or digHole ^^

Thank you a lot !

Not sure if he meant his title or name when he said "Lua Nub"…
Lyqyd #5
Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:19 AM
You don't have to change the edit program if you don't want to. You can also hit the control key (or AltGr, or whatever) to open the menu, and then use it to make the key combination you needed. It does add an extra step, but that should work.
Guizmus #6
Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:49 AM
Well, I was referring to his name, but misspelled ^^

And I was going back on this topic to post this exact tip Lyqyd, thank you still :)/>